7/8/09

Update!

Hi Everyone, I know it's been awhile since my last post, but I have a very good explanation....I'm in Washington (Vashon Island, Washington to be exact)! So, what happened between my last post and this post, you ask? Well, let's see, my decision to spend the second half of the summer working as an intern at a lavender farm on Vashon Island, a lot of planning and packing, a plane ride, a metro bus ride (a first for me), and a ferry ride (a second for me). In between all of that, I managed to take a few pictures, and I hope to take many more! Here are some of them.
The clouds from the plane:


The beach at the Fauntleroy Ferry dock (on the WA coast):


The sunset from the ferry with the Olympic Mountains far in the background:


The Olympic mountains (again). It was getting quite cold and breezy, but the view was beautiful:



A view of the lavender field at Lavender Hill Farm (where I'm interning at):


Well, it's getting late, and I see a nice, cozy bed calling my name. I have many more pictures to share, and many more pictures to take, so please check back, as I will try my hardest to update as often as possible. Have a great day! And if possible, try to see, smell, and pick some lavender this summer....you won't regret it. ~April~

No comments:

Post a Comment